Welcome to Beyond Technique, the podcast that empowers photographers to bring their businesses to the next level. Today, we chat with celebrity, commercial, fashion, and beauty photographer Matthew Jordan Smith! We discuss how Matthew builds relationships and friendships with clients while now being based out of Tokyo, Japan. Other topics include:
- How Matthew got started as a photographer
- Photography being a universal language, no matter where you live
- How Matthew is constantly building new relationships with clients
- How to keep old relationships reinforced
- Trends photographers struggle with
- The differences between Japanese culture and American culture
- Ways to reinforce loyalty with your clients
- Advice for photographers just starting out
You can find Matthew at:
Be sure to check out Platypod®
, the world’s most compact tripod and sign up for their new Gooseneck
. Be sure to let us know if you have any thoughts or questions in the comments section.
We do our best to answer all questions in a timely manner. You can be the next guest on our podcast! Do you have an idea for a topic or want to hear from your favorite photographer or influencer in our industry? Send an email to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line BEYOND TECHNIQUE IDEA. Then write a brief description of your topic or idea. If you are recommending someone, please include their name, contact information and state if you would like to be a guest host. Thanks for listening! Don’t forget to share this episode with your friends. You can also listen on iTunes
; we’d love it if you could post a review!